After working in a string of stressful jobs, I paused one day to realise that being constantly stressed was not how I wanted to spend my life. I wanted to live until I was old and grey sharing stories of places I’d visited, food I’d eaten and things I’d experienced.
I made a decision to change my outlook on life, to do things that made me happy, to experience things that made me appreciate life and to try and view everything with a more positive attitude.
So at the end of April 2011 I resigned from my job, left at the end of July 2011, sold almost everything I owned and decided to travel around the world.
So far in my life, I have visited 29 countries and lived in 4. I get a real buzz out of travelling, it makes me feel like I am really living and experiencing life, and all it has to offer.
After spending two years in Thailand, I made the somewhat curious decision to return to England, where I have now settled. I have been changed emotionally and spiritually by my travelling experience, and now love to help promote my local area to attract tourists.
Join me right here as I share all my stories, tips and tricks on this website.
Dont forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any excitement.
This anonymous quote sums up exactly how I feel:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to arrive late at your funeral, skid sideways into your coffin, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, “Woo hoo, what a ride!”
Finding your way around this website:
- If you would like to read about my travels and pick up some tips, click “Home” for my blog posts; “Packing Tips” for, well … packing tips; “Tuesday Tales” to read some answers to some ‘half zany-half serious’ questions posed to some of my fellow travellers, and “High 5’s” for something a little different.
- If you would like to see a list of crazy things I have already done, click “My Experiences“.
- If you would like to see my travel photos, click “Photo Gallery“.
- If you would like to read about and see the wonderful foods that I have been eating, click “Food Gallery“.
- If you would like to know more about my writing and a few examples of what I have had published, click “My Writing“. I am available for freelance assigments, reviews and sponsorships, please click “Advertise“.
- If you would like me to write about your area, please contact me on Colleen AT writearoundtheworld.me to discuss how we can work together. I love working with tourist agencies, and companies/agencies promoting travel.
- I accept guest blog posts. Please contact me on Colleen AT writearoundtheworld.me with your name, your idea, your website and a short bio and we’ll see if we can work something out.
Please stop by and say hi – I’d love to hear from you.